Fashion designer Bella Freud is renowned for her signature jumpers Je t’aime Jane, Ginsberg is God and 1970. Fans of Bella Freud include Alexa Chung, Laura Bailey, Kate Moss and Alison Mosshart. Bella launched her eponymous label in 1990. 2013 also saw the development of the RTW collections and expansion into the beauty market. The Bella Freud Eau de Parfum collection was launched in 2014 and has gained a cult following. Currently we have a growing wholesale and successful retail business.
Please check our Business of Fashion page for current opportunities.
Studio Operations Manager
To manage the running of the studio and business operations. Looking at effective ways to streamline systems to maximize profits and reduce costs. Championing high standards within the Bella Freud business.
- Day to day running of studio including facilities, finance, HR, legal and IT.
- Invoicing – day to day running of accounts, including weekly payables. Ensuring correct sign off and timely payment. Checking all costs are correct.
- Working with the Accountant, Finance Manager, investment team and banks.
- Controlling studio spending and operational costs across the Bella Freud Ltd and Bella Freud Parfum Ltd businesses.
- Overseeing the critical path to ensure key business trading dates are met, e.g. design deadlines, look book shoots, wholesale market dates, stock deliveries.
- Line managing and working alongside the Executive Assistant to support senior management.
- Managing HR – recruitment, contracts, development, payroll and staff discipline.
- Liaison between legal and business with reference to collaborations and special events.
- Trademarking – keeping abreast of trademarking and any legal infringements.
- Working with store manager to ensure Chiltern Street shop operates in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Maintaining company insurance policy and claiming when necessary.
- Point of contact for the business, ensuring a timely and on brand response.
- Working with the senior team on strategy and business evolution.
- Manage internal and external ad hoc projects, ensuring they are moving and deadlines are met.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Takes a proactive approach
- Familiar with cash flow and accountancy
- Experience line managing a direct report
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst keeping a level head
- Willing to take on challenging tasks that require problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communication
- IT skills, particularly Gsuite, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in a similar role within creative industries desirable
To be considered for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]